"Programmers can't get IPv6 thus that is why they do not have IPv6 in their applications"....

Subject: Re: "Programmers can't get IPv6 thus that is why they do not have IPv6 in their applications".... Date: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 06:45:54PM +0100 Quoting Mikael Abrahamsson (swmike at swm.pp.se):

> I believe they ask for the apps to work on the "Internet". Part of
> that requirement is soon to be a requirement for IPv6 support.

It is so already.

             IPv6 Support Required for All IP-Capable Nodes

Abstract

   Given the global lack of available IPv4 space, and limitations in
   IPv4 extension and transition technologies, this document advises
   that IPv6 support is no longer considered optional.  It also cautions
   that there are places in existing IETF documents where the term "IP"
   is used in a way that could be misunderstood by implementers as the
   term "IP" becomes a generic that can mean IPv4 + IPv6, IPv6-only, or
   IPv4-only, depending on context and application.

	RFC 6540 / BCP 177

> I believe the person signing the checks never asked for IPv4 support.

Probably not.

--
M?ns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668