Re: [Captive-portals] FW: New Version Notification for draft-larose-capport-architecture-00.txt

On 10 March 2017 at 11:12, Dave Dolson <[email protected]> wrote:
> ‎I think a separate draft might be appropriate for the API.

Yep.  I wouldn't expect this doc to get sidetracked too much.

> To take an initial stab at it, we think a GET to the ‎URI provides a JSON document of information and menu choices, since we've heard of a lot of different ideas about how User Equipment might want to navigate the captive portal. Clearly this will need to be standardized.

Agree.  Also, there seems to be some expectation that the URL gets fed
to a browser, so the portal would need to be able to distinguish that
from a JSON document approach.