Re: [Captive-portals] CAPPORT meeting at IETF95 in Buenos Aires.

Warren Kumari <[email protected]> wrote:
    mcr>     A good read, where are we going with this document?

    > Potentially no where -- it may or may not get published as an RFC, but
    > whatever the case, I've found it it be really helpful to have some
    > thing like a problem statement document to make sure that everyone
    > (newcomers and long time WG participants) are all working on the same
    > page.

Yes.  I'd like to ask that we consider is step one of outreach, and that we
consider making 7-12 slides to explain captive portal risks to:
  1) marketing people.
  2) end-users
  3) computer programmers (not necessarily network people)

I'm thinking of something that could be done as a quick talk at another
conference, such as a pycon or XYZ User Group.  Or maybe a Youtube video a la
Minute Physics.

I'll probably take a cut at this, but it will only help if we it looks good,
and I'm not in that category.

--
Michael Richardson <[email protected]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-