[Captive-portals] CAPPORT meeting at IETF95 in Buenos Aires.

Hi all,

Just to let you all know / remind you that CAPPORT will be holding it's first official WG meeting at IETF95.

We are in the process of organizing the agenda - one of the things which we heard from you at the BoFs is that you would like something like a "survey of the industry" (e.g motivation for deploying a CP) and a more complete understanding of why captive portal operators do things like defeating / whitelisting the captive portal probes.

Mark Nottingham is already working on a "problem statement" type draft with outlines some of this, but we'd like more viewpoints/ discussions.
His initial submission is here: "Before You Log In, Here's A Brief Message From Our Sponsors!" - draft-nottingham-capport-problem (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nottingham-capport-problem/)

So, if you develop and / or operate a CP, we'd really like to hear from you - we give priority agenda time to drafts which have had online discussion, but may be willing to also have more of a discussion type presentation.

Martin and Warren.
----