Re: [Captive-portals] CAPPORT meeting at IETF95 in Buenos Aires.

Mark Nottingham <[email protected]> wrote:
    > ... and that's really just a regurgitation of what we previously put
    > together at <https://github.com/httpwg/wiki/wiki/Captive-Portals>.  If
    > people have suggestions, corrections, pull requests, etc. I'm all ears.

I feel that the DNS poisioning "inconvenience" is understated.

Particularly on portal timeout, if your next DNS request involves a site that
would be HTTPS, most users are screwed, and in "reboot computer" state.

I have been trying to contact captive portal owners in my local area.
Many smaller entities have done something in-house, but the incumbent telco's
"DataValet" division has very widespread deployment.

It would be very nice if we could cause some phone calls to occur behind the scenes.

--
Michael Richardson <[email protected]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-