Re: [Captive-portals] CAPPORT meeting at IETF95 in Buenos Aires.

I think it is important to write in subsection 2.1 why would I need a captive portal for authentication instead of more secure solutions, like 802.1x. Despite the reason is implicit in the text

   "In all of these cases, using a Web browser is attractive, because it
   gives the network the ability to tailor the user's interface and
   experience, as well as the ability to integrate third-party payment,
   advertising, authentication and other services."

, I consider it is better to be explicit about some examples of needs that dot1x does not take into account, because it is a widely deployed solution that many people consider the right way to do things.

Caciano