[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: Mx204 alternative
- From: mark.tinka at seacom.mu (Mark Tinka)
- Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 10:18:45 +0200
- In-reply-to: <CAPkb-[email protected]>
- References: <CA+LTh5UUbV7YNFZOh0b88-4H46VvtksVgTyRRKttmqX0__cDSw@mail.gmail.com> <[email protected]> <CAPkb-[email protected]>
On 8/Aug/19 08:33, Baldur Norddahl wrote:
> 45k? No no, the mx204 with enough license to do BGP is more like 20k -
> 25k or less. It is actually quite cheap, so I doubt the OP will find
> anything much cheaper without going used or do a software router.
> I feel it should be mentioned that a Linux box with 4x10G NIC and some
> random switch as port expander also will be able to fulfil the
> requirements and for a fraction of any other solution.
Including the code maturity for BGP, IS-IS, OSPF and friends?