[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: Console Servers
- From: nanog at ics-il.net (Mike Hammett)
- Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 08:49:10 -0500 (CDT)
- In-reply-to: <CAA0Rv[email protected]>
- References: <CAA0Rv[email protected]>
I'm deploying new to me Cisco 2811s for console and OOB access.
Intelligent Computing Solutions
Midwest Internet Exchange
The Brothers WISP
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Hannan" <alan at routingloop.com>
To: "NANOG" <nanog at nanog.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:36:33 AM
Subject: Console Servers
I'd like your input on suggestions for an alternate serial port manager.
Long ago I used Cisco 2511/2611 and was fairly happy. A little later I used portmaster and was less so. Recently I've been using Opengear and they work fairly well but the price is fairly high. I use the CM7100 and IM7100.
General specs I'm looking for are:
* 8 to 48 or more rs232 serial ports on rj45
* nice-to-have software selectable pinouts (cisco v. straight)
* gig-e ethernet port (100mbps ok)
* 1U form factor
* redundant AC power
* access physical serial connections via local port #
* access physical serial connections via local IP alias (nice to have)
Can you recommend a serial port server/concentrator that I could use in place of opengear for a better value and/or lower cost?
I'm just ignorant about the current market for serial port concentrators and so far web searches have not revealed ideas, so your input is appreciated!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...