[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: Console Servers
- From: stano at imaginesoftware.com (Stan Ouchakov)
- Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 13:43:37 +0000
- In-reply-to: <CAA0Rv[email protected]>
- References: <CAA0Rv[email protected]>
Depending on the budget, refurbished Cyclades off ebay do the job well. Very solid and proven products, we still run few dated from 2003 â?¦
From: NANOG <nanog-bounces at nanog.org> On Behalf Of Alan Hannan
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:37 AM
To: NANOG <nanog at nanog.org>
Subject: Console Servers
I'd like your input on suggestions for an alternate serial port manager.
Long ago I used Cisco 2511/2611 and was fairly happy. A little later I used portmaster and was less so. Recently I've been using Opengear and they work fairly well but the price is fairly high. I use the CM7100 and IM7100.
General specs I'm looking for are:
* 8 to 48 or more rs232 serial ports on rj45
* nice-to-have software selectable pinouts (cisco v. straight)
* gig-e ethernet port (100mbps ok)
* 1U form factor
* redundant AC power
* access physical serial connections via local port #
* access physical serial connections via local IP alias (nice to have)
Can you recommend a serial port server/concentrator that I could use in place of opengear for a better value and/or lower cost?
I'm just ignorant about the current market for serial port concentrators and so far web searches have not revealed ideas, so your input is appreciated!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...