[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: Console Servers
- From: alan at routingloop.com (Alan Hannan)
- Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 08:36:33 -0500
I'd like your input on suggestions for an alternate serial port manager.
Long ago I used Cisco 2511/2611 and was fairly happy. A little later I
used portmaster and was less so. Recently I've been using Opengear and
they work fairly well but the price is fairly high. I use the CM7100 and
General specs I'm looking for are:
* 8 to 48 or more rs232 serial ports on rj45
* nice-to-have software selectable pinouts (cisco v. straight)
* gig-e ethernet port (100mbps ok)
* 1U form factor
* redundant AC power
* access physical serial connections via local port #
* access physical serial connections via local IP alias (nice to have)
Can you recommend a serial port server/concentrator that I could use in
place of opengear for a better value and/or lower cost?
I'm just ignorant about the current market for serial port concentrators
and so far web searches have not revealed ideas, so your input is
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...