[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Average number of ports on OLT cards
- Subject: Average number of ports on OLT cards
- From: lists.nanog at monmotha.net (Brandon Martin)
- Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 09:26:16 -0500
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On 03/02/2018 05:38 PM, Jean-Francois Mezei wrote:
> Quick question: (sanity check).
> For a deployment happening now by an incumbent telco (aka: serving large
> number of homes), how many GPON ports would it want per each OLT card ?
> or more precisely, what sort of range is there for the number of ports
> for such a deployment?
I'm mostly seeing 8 or 16 ports per card for GPON these days. Chassis
seem to be ranging from 4-16 slots of line cards (plus some other slots
for management, uplink, etc.). EPON density seems comparable.
XGS-PON and 10G-EPON seem to be 4-8 ports per card often in the same
chassis with GPON/EPON.