[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Broadcom vs Mellanox based platforms
- Subject: Broadcom vs Mellanox based platforms
- From: nick at foobar.org (Nick Hilliard)
- Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 20:25:03 +0100
- In-reply-to: <CALb2a[email protected]>
- References: <CALb2a[email protected]>
Kasper Adel wrote on 04/06/2018 06:41:
> Assuming these vendors give the same SDK and similar documentation/support,
> then what would be comparison points to consider, other than the obvious
> (price, features, bps, pps).
power draw. Depending on your hosting costs, the differences in power
draw between each chipset may impact the total cost of ownership over
the accounting depreciation period of the kit. It's worth measuring and
putting into your costs analysis.