carping about CARP

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 10:01:54PM +0100, Claudio Jeker wrote:
> implementation would not have been accepted. The result would be a draft
> that would never be adopted and so it is back to start.

"Adopted" by whom?  The procedure, even at the time, did not require
in any way IETF consensus.  Getting a number requires that you tell
others what is going on, not that you justify the going on itself.

> Did you ever read any of the IETF mailing lists and looked at the email
> addresses of those people pushing the hardest? At least in the ones I'm
> subscribed to the bias is obvious.

I think that _ad hominem_ arguments are fallacious, and should be
dismissed as such.

Andrew Sullivan
Dyn Labs
asullivan at dyn.com