dhcpy6d - a MAC address aware DHCPv6 server

On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 09:14:54AM +0100,
 Henri Wahl <h.wahl at ifw-dresden.de> wrote
 a message of 155 lines which said:

> - identifies clients by MAC address, DUID or hostname

Excellent, identification by MAC address was often requested. Thanks
for this software.

> like other people we had the problem that existing DHCPv6 servers do
> not evaluate the MAC address of clients, following RFC 3315.

I'm not convinced that it is RFC's fault. The only thing I find in RFC
3315 is (section 9) "DHCP servers use DUIDs to identify clients for
the selection of configuration parameters and in the association of
IAs with clients." I read it as "a compliant DHCPv6 server MUST
recognize DUID and identify clients this way" which does not logically
imply that it cannot identify clients by other means as well.