IPv6 mistakes, was: Re: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

On 2/11/2011 3:41 PM, Ricky Beam wrote:
> In bridge mode, any modem will do.  It's when the modem is also the
> router (which is most cases today) that it will need attention to
> support IPv6. (in bridge mode, you'll have to fix whatever it's plugged
> into, but that's the customer's problem... off to Best Buy for an IPv6
> capable D-Link.)

I just finished discussing with the one telco in my network that
deployed PPPoE. All customers will bring their modem into the office,
where the front desk ladies will flash the config to bridge mode. It was
that or replace thousands of CPE that never will support IPv6 in routed
mode.

Have a nice day.

Jack