quietly....

> Are there any expectations of a Gold Rush for the remaining addresses?  I would expect to see at least see some kind of escalation.

This question probably calls for another picture.

Here is a plot of 2009 and 2010 in terms of the average number of IPv4 addresses allocated on a daily basis, across all 5 RIRs. I've used a smoothing function across the allocation data in order to clearly show the trend pattern over the two year period.

http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/daily-allocs.jpg

  Geoff