quietly....

On 2/1/2011 9:13 AM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
> As v6 innovation continues, v4 will be seen as something obsolete
> that needs constant work (and v4 innovation will be more and more
> about patching it to work and keep up with v6).

If it continues. The sad thing is, transition would have been a lot
smoother if not for IETF politics. "You can't have these features! It's
not IPv4! They would work perfectly fine, but we don't want you to do that!"

I still know a LOT of people who have no desire to switch. They are
holding out until vendors implement the features they want. NAPTv6,
default router in DHCPv6, etc, etc.

Jack