Last of ipv4 /8's allocated

----- Original Message -----
> On 1 feb 2011, at 23:33, Randy Carpenter wrote:
>
> > That's how I would do it. With the exception of LACNIC, each one
> > neighbors a block that is already allocated to that RIR.
>
> But if they wanted to do that, why give 106/8 to APNIC?

I assume you mean 102/8, and because it is right next to 101/8, which they already have. Doesn't make a nice /7, but there are no other unallocated blocks that are next to any APNIC blocks.

> My suspicion is that IANA is playing a game of battleship with the
> RIRs and thursday we'll see who's won. Colored in for your
> convenience:
>
> http://www.bgpexpert.com/ianaglobalpool.php

Doesn't really matter who gets what, because no one is going to route anything larger than a /8 anyway, particularly the RIR allocations.  Just kinda fun to think about :-)

-Randy