Re: [Captive-portals] client identifying info between API and enforcement

Or change MAC addresses at will?

Each change could be handled as a new capport session.

From: Lorenzo Colitti [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2017 11:01 AM
To: Dave Dolson
Cc: Erik Kline; Kyle Larose; [email protected]; David Bird
Subject: Re: [Captive-portals] client identifying info between API and enforcement

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 11:23 PM, Dave Dolson <[email protected]> wrote:

I infer you mean the MAC address is required so that the portal can open/close the firewall using it as a filter.
I'd prefer to see this done at the Internet layer (AKA layer3), with IPv4/6 addresses, to avoid limiting usefulness to a particular access technology.

How do you do that when devices can create new IPv6 addresses at will?