From: Erik Kline [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2017 8:20 AM
To: Kyle Larose; Dave Dolson
Cc: [email protected]; David Bird
Subject: client identifying info between API and enforcement

<hat-free />

Kyle, Dave, (David, all,)

When a client is trying to talk to an [architecture-2.3] API server,
using the URL is learned in [architecture-2.2], will it need to
present some token that the API server can ultimately use when
communicating back to the enforcement box?

I'm effectively wondering about how we get (something like) the MAC
address of a client into this URL, /especially/ when the URL might not
be custom crafted for each client (i.e. in the case of the URL in an
ICMPv6 RA or learned via PvD mechanics).

What's required here and how do we think it should work?