[Captive-portals] Actually getting work done....

Hi there all,

So, over the weekend I finally got a chance to go back through the
audio recordings and complete the minutes (the Etherpad died during
the meeting and so we'd lost the end of the meeting -- please take a
look at https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/93/minutes/minutes-93-capport
and let us know if we've misunderstood / misrepresented anything... )

During the meeting a number of people expressed the opinion that what
we need is:
1: a taxonomy of captive portal types, and security considerations for each
2: a document that outlines the different sets of interests that CP
deployers have / industry survey. Why do captive portal players do
what they do? What do they run a CP ($$$ / AUP/Legal / Marketing)? Why
do they bypass the CP probe URLs (desire for a full featured browser?
bloodymindedness? something else?)

A large number of people supported that this work should happen, and a
number of people even put their hands indicating that they were
willing to contribute -- unfortunately we  didn't capture who...

So, presuming a WG is formed, who is willing to edit / author these
initial documents?
Don't be shy!

idea in the first place.
of pants.