Re: Coating Rod Basics

From: Jack Fulton ^lt;[email protected]>
Date: 11/23/04-07:57:46 PM Z
Message-id: <>

Stainless steel coating rods come in various sizes of length and
diameter. They are wound with wire to provide even coating and a smooth
flow of liquid over a surface such as paper.

Here is web site providing prices and sizes.


On Nov 23, 2004, at 7:54 AM, Michael Koch-Schulte wrote:

I'm looking for some direction on building or buying coating rods for
work (pt/pd, cyano, VDB). Is there an off-the-shelf solution available
I can get from a hardware store? I was thinking of adapting an acrylic
bar or similar, or am I wasting my time is glass the better way to go?
kind on local industries would carry glass rod? I don't have a lab
company in my city.
Received on Tue Nov 23 19:58:06 2004

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : 12/08/04-10:51:34 AM Z CST