Re: Spotting Alt Prints

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;[email protected]>
Date: 02/13/04-09:57:54 PM Z
Message-id: <007901c3f2ae$c99c97a0$6101a8c0@your6bvpxyztoq>

> Also what about spotting gum prints and gum overs with complex colors?
> Thanks,
> Don Bryant

Hi Don,
     Long time no talk :)
     1. If you are a good color mixer, you can also just dab each color in
dots, one on top of another, and add a little bit of dark and warm to the
mix. Mixing this on a white tile really helps to see the color you have.
     2. If you could (this is more complex), with each layer you do, you
would spot with the color used. For instance, you can have a little extra of
the gum/pigment/sensitizer mix, and brush it on a piece of paper and expose
it. Soak it, and pick up some of that soft guck to spot your spot with. If
you just spot with the color plain without exposure and without added
dichromate it can be lighter, brighter, and a tad cooler than the
dichromate-hardened and somewhat darkened layer on the print needing
     3. Some just add dichromate to the color and gum and spot and expose
that on the print, too.
     4.Or you could just say it is an artistic spot caused by paper bumps
and leave it at that...
     I bet this is way more than you wanna know.
Received on Fri Feb 13 21:58:31 2004

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : 03/02/04-11:35:08 AM Z CST