[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] How secure is http basic authentication?
- Subject: [ale] How secure is http basic authentication?
- From: cluon at geeklabs.com (Mike Harrison)
- Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 14:13:53 +0000 (UTC)
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
> authentication? I think I sniffed it once and didn't see plain text being
> passed, but that doesn't mean it's secure.
It's not plain text, it is base64 encoded.
That is NOT encrypted, it's just encoded to handle a wider range of allowed characters.