[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] IDE controller cards
- Subject: [ale] IDE controller cards
- From: danscox at mindspring.com (Danny Cox)
- Date: Thu Jan 1 17:04:27 2004
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 11:42, John Wells wrote:
> 1. Can you run the primary drive off of a controller card? This box has
> only one 120 GB drive.
Yes, you can. Be sure to disable the on board cards in the BIOS, or
alternativly, see the 'Boot off-board chipsets first' option in the
kernel, n.: A part of an operating system that preserves the
medieval traditions of sorcery and black art.