[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] IDE controller cards
- Subject: [ale] IDE controller cards
- From: jb at devsea.com (John Wells)
- Date: Thu Jan 1 11:47:23 2004
I'm having DMA-related problems with a capture card I have, and someone
mentioned that the KT-x33 chipsets (my mb is a kt333) have problems with
DMA and linux.
Anyway, someone mentioned a IDE controller card might resolve my issue,
but I have a few questions that I thought ale'rs might be able to answer:
1. Can you run the primary drive off of a controller card? This box has
only one 120 GB drive.
2. Is there a certain brand of card I should look for? I need to buy one
today, so somewhere like bestbuy or circuit city would be ideal. I'm
currently looking into the SIIG Ultra ATA/133 PCI Controller