[ale] Port printing and saving the output as a file

I have a proprietary hospital mainframe system that will only allow me to
assign IP based printers (IP address and port).   I would like to be able to
configure my Mandrake 8.1 server to accept print jobs from this mainframe but
not to output to a printer, instead I would like the print job to be saved as
a file so I can manipulate them.   Can LPD or CUPS be configured to accept
print jobs on a port?   Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Beach

---