[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Bad routes update
- Subject: Bad routes update
- From: [email protected] (Perry E. Metzger)
- Date: 20 Jul 1999 09:54:45 -0400
- In-reply-to: Craig Metz's message of "Tue, 20 Jul 1999 02:55:44 -0400"
- References: <[email protected]>
Craig Metz <[email protected]> writes:
> >This is bogus - the backbone should only see /24s.
> First off, you're going to have a very hard time arguing that the new /28s
> shouldn't be seen. Second, there *must* be some provision for sites to
> multi-home without being a full pTLA, or pTLA allocations will explode as will
> the allocations of pTLAs to people who shouldn't have them.
There are some people who try to pretend that multihoming doesn't
happen. It does, though, and there really is no way people are going
to convince others to eliminate the redundancy they've had in their
IPv4 links, especially when it has worked well for them.