[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Op-Ed : Multi-cloud is a fad ?
- Subject: Op-Ed : Multi-cloud is a fad ?
- From: sami.joseph at gmail.com (Sami Joseph)
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 17:40:27 -0700
This article assumes Multi-cloud is a fad because it doesnt offer much
value and its like sd-wan, a mere marchitecture.
What if these products turn into controllers, working with Equinix and/or
carriers to provide cloud-coloco, orchestrated by the cloud.
Reasons why there is no value:
1) Geography and Latency Requirements are all great now across the same
2) Mitigation Against Cloud Outages doesnt matter much.
3) Avoidance of Vendor Lock-in is a joke
Opinions or facts would both be appreciated.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...