Wikipedia drops support for old Android smartphones; mandates TLSv1.2 to read

Ignoring the obvious reasons why TLS is needed and HTTP should not be used, I guess people who want an HTTP version of Wikipedia that is read-only and knowingly insecure, censorable, modifiable, etc. can donate a few million dollars to the Wikimedia Foundation, before the tax year is over, for the engineers, infrastructure, and everything, and write a special note, and maybe Wikipedia may consider this.. Worst case, you just funded a secure encyclopedia and helped it grow in 2020 and years to come.. :)

Letâ??s see those receipts coming!