From: William Herrin <bill at herrin.us>
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 6:10 PM
To: merik at fiberhood.nl <merik at fiberhood.nl>
Cc: Rod Beck <rod.beck at unitedcablecompany.com>; nanog at nanog.org <Nanog at nanog.org>
Subject: Re: Energy Efficiency - Data Centers

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 8:32 AM merik at fiberhood.nl <merik at fiberhood.nl> wrote:
> The full talk by Amory Lovins of the Rocky Mountain View: https://youtu.be/wY_js13AuRk?t=1343

Hi Merik,

This aligns with what I'd expect. Essentially every watt of
electricity in to the data center is a watt of heat that must be
removed from the data center. Did you know some computer room air
conditioners actually cool the air at fixed compression and then
re-heat it with a resistive electric element to reach the desired
cooling output? Insane!

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--