[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Anyone using Cogent Ethernet
- Subject: Anyone using Cogent Ethernet
- From: martin at airwire.ie (Martin List-Petersen)
- Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 02:07:41 +0000
- In-reply-to: <2069247883.4243.1516651532732.JavaMail.mhammett@ThunderFuck>
- References: <2069247883.4243.1516651532732.JavaMail.mhammett@ThunderFuck>
On 22/01/18 20:05, Mike Hammett wrote:
> I much prefer using WDM transport as opposed to Ethernet\VPLS transport due to it being significantly harder (I try not to say impossible) to oversubscribe. That said, it isn't always available at a decent rate at a given location.
> Cogent has a reputation (right or wrong) for running things a little hot.
> Have any of you used Cogent Ethernet\VPLS services? What are you experiences? Offlist is fine if you don't want it public.
Never use them without a backup alternative. I've seen more outages,
that one would want to ever see from a provider, that would like to be
categorised as Tier1.
Especially, when some of these are longer than expected, because there
were no cold-spares in the country and the cold-spare needed missed the
Airwire Ltd. - Ag Nascadh Pobail an Iarthair
Phone: 091-395 000
Registered Office: Moy, Kinvara, Co. Galway, 091-395 000 - Registered in
Ireland No. 508961