[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Juniper Config Commit causes Cisco Etherchannels to go into err-disable state
- Subject: Juniper Config Commit causes Cisco Etherchannels to go into err-disable state
- From: hf0002+nanog at uah.edu (Hunter Fuller)
- Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2018 21:11:14 +0000
- In-reply-to: <CACUUO[email protected]>
- References: <CACUUO[email protected]>
On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 3:58 PM Joseph Jenkins <joe at breathe-underwater.com>
> Mar 14 07:11:33: %PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: channel-misconfig (STP) error detected
> on Po17, putting Po17 in err-disable state
We have to do this on all of our Cisco Port-channels that lead to Brocade
no spanning-tree etherchannel guard misconfig
If we don't do it, after a couple of days, the Cisco will err-disable the
Port-channel just as you describe. I guess the misconfig detection is
incompatible with the Brocade OS.
We have seen no ill effects from this, as we are using "mode active" on all
our Port-channels. So if there is a misconfiguration, the LAG does not come
up for that port on either end, and we're good.
Hope that helps.
VBH Annex B-5
+1 256 824 5331
Office of Information Technology
The University of Alabama in Huntsville
Systems and Infrastructure