Netflix VPN detection - actual engineer needed

> On Jun 7, 2016, at 11:50 AM, Davide Davini <davide.davini at doppiad.com> wrote:
>
> On 04/06/2016 20:46, Owen DeLong wrote:
>> Get your own /48 and advertise to HE Tunnel via BGP. Problem solved.
>
> Even though that sounds like an awesome idea it does not seem trivial to
> me to obtain your own /48.

It?s trivial in the ARIN region. Other regions are YMMV.

> I mean: "You can only request IPv6 assignments and Autonomous System
> Numbers through a Sponsoring LIR (a RIPE NCC member)"
> https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/resource-management/number-resources/independent-resources

I would suggest trying to work through the RIPE PDWG to get that policy changed if you feel it is a hinderance to your deployment.

I do know that RIPE has this (rather silly IMHO) process for keeping PI end users at arms length, but as I understand it, it?s also not very hard to find an LIR that will charge you a fee to acquire the addresses and pass them along to you.

> But you know, my knowledge on the matter is half an hour old, I might be
> dead wrong.

I think you?re right, but my understanding is that it is fairly trivial to comply with that requirement. I?ll be surprised if some LIRs don?t contact you as a result of this email.

Owen