[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Charter HFC Engineer?
- Subject: Charter HFC Engineer?
- From: mike-nanog at tiedyenetworks.com (Mike)
- Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 11:11:21 -0700
- In-reply-to: <CAO3Kp[email protected]>
- References: <CAO3Kp[email protected]>
On 08/24/2016 10:39 PM, Gabriel Kuri wrote:
> I was able to confirm my Ubee
> was susceptible to this bug and would reboot by simply telneting to IP
> space on port 161 behind the modem. I figured my random reboots were
> related to random people port scanning my IP space throughout the day. I
> called support to let them know and got them to bump it up to their
> manager, who then referred it to a "technical specialist" that ended up
> blocking port 161 on my cable modem.
Not to be unhelpful, but SNMP is a UDP protocol, you can't "telnet" to
port 161 and be talking to the snmp deamon on the device because it's
not listening for that. If you do get a connection, there's really