[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
why does dail-up or pppoe access always has session-timeout ?
- Subject: why does dail-up or pppoe access always has session-timeout ?
- From: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu (Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu)
- Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 13:37:32 -0400
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Thu, 30 May 2013 09:10:21 -0000." <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Thu, 30 May 2013 09:10:21 -0000, Joe said:
> a question obsessed me for a long time. "why my pppoe connection to
> internet has a max session time, even if every thing goes ok? "
>From a provider's point of view, forcing a connection to re-establish itself
every few days means that if you ever have to roll out a change, you don't end
up with *That* *One* *User* who stays connected for weeks or even months with
the old parameters.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 865 bytes
Desc: not available