[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Variety, On The Media, don't understand the Internet
- Subject: Variety, On The Media, don't understand the Internet
- From: patrick at ianai.net (Patrick W. Gilmore)
- Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 20:51:20 -0400
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On May 14, 2013, at 13:06 , Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> Or I don't. Which is not completely impossible.
> In this piece:
> they suggest that Akamai and other ISP-side caching is either not
> affecting these numbers and their pertinence to the "backbone" at all,
> or not much.
> Did they miss something? or did I?
I don't see the word "backbone" in there, other than in the comments.
Your DSL line is part of the Internet, and doing more traffic puts more "strain" (FSVO "strain") on that link, even if the server is colocated with the cable head end.
So I don't see the problem here. But then, maybe I'm the one who is confused? :)