[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Illegal usage of AS51888 (and PI 18.104.22.168/24) from AS42989 and AS57954 (in ukraine)
- Subject: Illegal usage of AS51888 (and PI 22.214.171.124/24) from AS42989 and AS57954 (in ukraine)
- From: nick at foobar.org (Nick Hilliard)
- Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 19:01:24 +0100
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On 03/05/2013 18:49, Xavier Beaudouin wrote:
> People there that have some PI and unused AS, have a look if your
> ressources are not used by someone that should not use them.
ripe policy 2007-01 will help with this problem by ensuring that anyone who
has got PI address space will be traceable and will be paying for it (i.e.
it will appear on the holder's payment radar).
RPKI could potentially help with this problem, but only if unknown and
invalid prefixes are dropped by policy (to deal with the cases where the
there are no ROAs or else there are ROAs but they are e.g. revoked). If
they are simply depreffed, rpki will not help.
It will be a brave person who drops both unknown and invalid prefixes.