[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Andros Island Connectivity?
- Subject: Andros Island Connectivity?
- From: rs at seastrom.com (Rob Seastrom)
- Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 21:13:28 -0400
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]> (TR Shaw's message of "Tue, 30 Apr 2013 16:47:57 -0400")
- References: <[email protected]om> <[email protected]>
Protracted discussion (and promotion) has glossed over one key point:
>> None of the people on-site are technical, and all their data is accessed
>> via RDP on a server in the United States.
They will not be happy with VSAT latency (typically 700ms though
physics says you can never do better than 550, and that's for the
space segment alone) if they are running RDP, VNC, Citrix, or similar
technologies. Sorry for being a buzzkill, Warren. :)