[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
cannot access some popular websites from Linode, geolocation is wrong, ARIN is to blame?
- Subject: cannot access some popular websites from Linode, geolocation is wrong, ARIN is to blame?
- From: owen at delong.com (Owen DeLong)
- Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 15:45:53 -0800
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]om>
- References: <[email protected]om>
> Now, back to ARIN: is Linode doing it right? Is vr.org doing it
> wrong? Are they both doing it correct, or are they both wrong?
ARIN Policies do require Linode to SWIP their customer allocations,
so the fact that they are not doing so is actually a violation of policy.
Linode (and VR) probably shouldn't SWIP their datacenter blocks,
but this isn't really covered in policy one way or the other.
> Anyhow. How do I get my geoloc to show Fremont, CA? And to have yelp
> stop returning 403 Forbidden?
Get Linode to SWIP your blocks for starters.