[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
High CPU utilization w/VRF NAT - Cat6500
- Subject: High CPU utilization w/VRF NAT - Cat6500
- From: kenneth.mcrae at dreamhost.com (Kenneth McRae)
- Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:44:55 -0800
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]om>
- References: <[email protected]om>
I would recommend you do this on a firewall (fwsm or something external)..
On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Rodrick Brown <rodrick.brown at gmail.com>wrote:
> ~80 or so static NAT's configured, multiple versions of IOS tested.
> Most of the traffic is being punted to the CPU through the NAT interfaces
> causing high CPU utilization.
> Increasing fast aging timers had 0 benefit, TCAM utilization is less than
> Does anyone have any thoughts on other configuration tweaks I should try? I
> think we're at the point where new hardware maybe FWSM or another platform
> for NAT should be explored.
*Sr. Network Engineer*
kenneth.mcrae at dreamhost.com