[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Why do some providers require IPv6 /64 PA space to have public whois?
- Subject: Why do some providers require IPv6 /64 PA space to have public whois?
- From: mysidia at gmail.com (Jimmy Hess)
- Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 00:20:05 -0600
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]om>
- References: <[email protected]om>
On 12/7/12, Constantine A. Murenin <mureninc at gmail.com> wrote:
It seems you have an issue with the automated system of one provider
in your RIR service region. This is unusual, I think; for the
provider to not ask what NIC handle, or WHOIS detail should be
listed for an assignment.
I would suggest calling up the provider, and attempt to work out a
solution with them where you get a /64, and the contact you want
listed in WHOIS.
The provider suballocating a block of IP addresses, can obviously
apply additional policy to them -- such as additional requirements
on what is shown in WHOIS.
However, you can pick a different provider if necessary......