[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[arin-ppml] NAT444 rumors (was Re: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...)
- Subject: [arin-ppml] NAT444 rumors (was Re: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...)
- From: owen at delong.com (Owen DeLong)
- Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:26:07 -0800
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Feb 18, 2011, at 12:50 PM, Zed Usser wrote:
> --- On Sat, 2/19/11, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>> You only need to solve those problems to the
>> extent that there are meaningful things still
>> trapped in an IPv4-only world.
> Are you willing to bet that IPv4 address exhaustion will not result in IPv6-only hosts before we run out of meaningful IPv4-only hosts?
> - Zed
No, but, I am willing to bet that we will not meaningfully make the
situation better for those IPv4-only hosts or the IPv6-only hosts
attempting to reach them by any mechanism more efficient than
encouraging them to add IPv6 capability, whether or not that happens
after the fact.