[arin-ppml] NAT444 rumors (was Re: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...)

On Feb 18, 2011, at 12:50 PM, Zed Usser wrote:

> --- On Sat, 2/19/11, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>> You only need to solve those problems to the
>> extent that there are meaningful things still
>> trapped in an IPv4-only world.
>  Are you willing to bet that IPv4 address exhaustion will not result in IPv6-only hosts before we run out of meaningful IPv4-only hosts?
>
> - Zed

No, but, I am willing to bet that we will not meaningfully make the
situation better for those IPv4-only hosts or the IPv6-only hosts
attempting to reach them by any mechanism more efficient than
encouraging them to add IPv6 capability, whether or not that happens
after the fact.

Owen