[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
My upstream ISP does not support IPv6
- Subject: My upstream ISP does not support IPv6
- From: streiner at cluebyfour.org (Justin M. Streiner)
- Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 18:17:44 -0500 (EST)
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]k-pro.local>
- References: <[email protected]k-pro.local>
On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, Franck Martin wrote:
> The biggest complaint that I hear from ISPs, is that their upstream ISP
> does not support IPv6 or will not provide them with a native IPv6
I know of a few regional ISPs that don't (yet) support IPv6.
As far as carriers go, some seem to support it readily, and others seem
like they're being dragged into it kicking and screaming. With the IPv4
well running dry in some sense, the people who aren't supporting it yet
will have to realize sooner or later that they're swimming against the
> It seems to me the typical answer sales people say when asked about
> IPv6: "Gosh, this is the first time I'm asked this one".
In some organizations, that's an organizational problem. In others, it
just means you got the wrong salesdroid...