Re: [Captive-portals] Discovering captive portal API URL via DNS?

What about those resolvers that collapse CNAME responses, effectively eliding them?

I assume that you are going to explicitly say that this has to be directed to the resolver provided in network configuration.  If that resolver is outside the network or less tightly secured than DHCP/RAs, then we have the possibility of attack on the DNS-over-UDP-53 that is used to get the CNAME response.

(Just contributin' not chairin'.)