Re: [Captive-portals] Any other existing detection methods?

Thanks for your feedback.

The language is specifically trying to be non-normative and a previous edit had the quote you mentioned, but was subsequently replaced[0]. I'm unsure if there is any implementation that considers hostname mismatch is presence of a captive portal as there are other possible scenarios such as malicious middlebox that is not the captive portal, or misconfigured network.

Regards

0: https://github.com/capport-wg/architecture/pull/26/files#diff-ae7561d353e2851c8cac706fb1827bd2R871