Re: [Captive-portals] Proposals to discover Provisioning Domains (& Captive Portals)

HI Tommy,

I agree, there is synergy, particularly as it relates to our desire to have a HTTP API like the one in your I-D.

A few high-level comments:

- Could RFC 7710 be used to identify the PvD?

- Do you envision this API being implemented in NAS devices (by vendors) or portals (by hotspot web/portal developers)?

- In section 5.3 Reachability, would the client be learning all the available resources (e.g. the walled garden)? As a hotspot operator, I would probably prefer only giving this information on a need-to-know basis and not expose all my partners (advertisers, roaming partners, etc) to every visitor upon arrival.

- I believe we could improve (real-time) signaling with capport ICMP (and the overall capport architecture