- David Bird
Everyone familiar with RFC 7710
HTTP code 511, RFC 6585
Mariko Kobayashi volunteers to write industry survey of captive portals!
Abrahamsson: there is lots of overlap with alto working group
Desirable to solve:
- automatic login, with credentials
- time left on the clock / expiration time
- agree to legal terms? clients cache hashes of known acceptable terms
- hotel room number and last name style login?
- different categories of service
- agree on simple authentication mechanism
- data allotment (usage based)
- query current status (maintain a persistent connection?)
- what to do when provisioning is done: use as is, teardown and re-associate
- a la provisioning APNs
Apple and Android watch don't have browsers, so can't login into captive portals
Margaret and Donnelley volunteer to write a document proposing a REST API
- Use 7710
- call REST API on 7710 URI
- includes what you need to do to access the portal
- want to include expiration time...
Coova chili has a REST API
- open source captive portal
- should look at this for comparison/...
Schinazi: in France any public wifi requires name, email and terms of service
Some discussion of the ICMP messages.
Usage-based captive portals.
Barry volunteers to discuss being a co-chair
Captive-portals mailing list