Re: [Captive-portals] Thoughts/comments on draft-nottingham-capport-problem-01

On Comcast’s open wifi deployment we make our best attempt to upgrade
security upon authentication on our captive portal page.  After a
successful login,  we have unique flows for each operating system that
deliver secure profiles to the client for installation.  This is very hard
to maintain and QA test as the operating systems’ sandbox gets more strict
on each iteration.    I do not know if its this is a problem we need to
address immediately but it s something we need to think about as we
transition into secure phy layers.

--
Alexander Roscoe
Comcast - Wireless Engineer