Re: [Captive-portals] Starting to discuss Captive Portals

So, here's a few thoughts:

I suggest to add a requirements section. The reasons why other methods suck (Sec. 2) would be a good start, but I suspect there will be additional requirements once a bigger audience looks at this.
I suggest to add an example scenario, such as: Jean goes into a coffee
shop. She signals her agreement to the usage terms and fires up her VPN.
After an hour, the session expires, and she needs to click "agree" again.
When we add such a scenario, we will most likely recognize that the DHCP
option is not sufficient for what we need, even for a basic CP. The
document currently even does not define how applications (the browser,
other browsers, a mail client, VPN client etc.) can detect that the CP
is now "open", let alone reliably detect when it has "closed" again. We
should not rely on the legacy detection methods for this, or we will
never get rid of them.
Thanks,
	Yaron